Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Project Dresser

Calvin and I's last apartment had a ton of built in shelving and closet space, but that is no longer the case. As a result, we bought a dresser, but Calvin didn't really like it caked in black spray paint, thus before I could finish our new apartment, I had to refinish the dresser to match our red nightstands. I have never done anything like this before, but it was a great learning experience and it turned out great!! The dresser looks way better now that you can actually see the grain of the wood.

After two cans of paint stripper, three days of sanding mostly by hand, and a few coats of stain, the project was finished and I was proud that I had done 90% of it on my own. Thankfully my sister in law, Jenni, was around to guide me in the right direction and Calvin was around to move the dresser...it was a heck of a project, but I am so glad that I did it. I learned so much and it turned out great...

Here are some pictures of the final stages...this is Calvin and Jenni putting the first coat of stain on...




The finished product..Compare the nasty black mirror frame to the beautiful finished dresser

No comments: