Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Moving Box Mazes

After living in Provo, Utah for two years, the two years since we've been married, Calvin and I, well more so me, decided that it was time for a change of residence. Although we loved the teal countertop, the constant problems with the fridge, water heater, and the awesome cinderblock, it was time to leave our boot box as we so fondly called it. With Calvin attending the U and my job in Salt Lake it didn't make since to live all the way in Provo. So we packed up our apartment and this was the result...




My mom was definitely right, you don't know how much stuff you've accumulated until you start packing. It took me three days to pack up the apartment, but I was so grateful I did when it came time to move. Although I turned the house into a maze, I still found little spots to hang out in...



After all of the packing I was exhausted and not looking forward to the actual move. We moved on a Thursday night after Calvin got off work and thought it would take us forever, but with the help of some ward members, a good family friend, and Calvin's brother and sister in law, we were able to load and unload the truck in less than an hour and a half. I didn't realize that not all people know how to move, since I've done it so many times, but the moving coordinator in our Provo ward said that we were only the second smooth and easy move he has had in two years, since with all the other moves they hadn't even packed anything up yet. So the movign box maze was a pain, but much simpler.

Calvin looked so handsome driving the big truck, he was laughing because I wanted pictures, but they turned out cute...



We made it safely to our new residence in Alpine, Utah. Until further notice we will be renting my in-laws basement. We are so grateful for their kindness and generosity and have already found it to be a much nicer place to be. We look forward to their return from Latvia (they have been serving a mission for our church for the past two years) and getting to spend time with them.

No comments: